NWU (Navy Working Uniform) - the uniform is currently used by the staff of the EU naval force is composed of shirt and pants, the material is 50/50 Nylon / Cotton Ripstop and can be manufactured in three colors that are identified as:
Type I: Navy Digital
Type II: Navy Dessert Digital (Parka)
Type III: Woodland Digital
- Mandarin style collar with fastener tapes allow soldiers to use open collar in military bases or close during tactical operations and / or combat; to prevent the ingress of any debris, insect or substance .
- Front closure is by use of buttons that are hidden inside the shirt.
- Back is in one piece shaped as a bell in the bottom.
- Two (2) expandable chest pockets with double flap construction. Inside the left pocket is a pocket for pencils with two compartments without access thru the pocket flap. The flaps of these pockets can be closed with buttons or fastener tapes. Inside the pocket is located a hook cover to block the action of the fastener tape if desired to closed the pocket using the buttons.
- Two (2) sleeve pockets work in the same way that the breast pockets and are expandable with fastener tapes on the outside to place the badges . These sleeve pockets, have eyelets at bottom so they can drain easily, if the user is immersed in water.
- The sleeves have fabric patches on the elbow for durability.
- In the center of the front carries a tab hold in place with fastener tape where the rank of the user is placed.
- Long sleeves with tabs with buttonhole and buttons on the hem of the sleeve are use to fit the sleeve opening.
- It has a waistband with clean ends, elastic within the band regulates waist adjustment, and depending of waist size the number of belt loops varies from 5 to 7 loops. The waist closes with button and buttonhole. It has a button fly that closes with three bar buttons attached to a nylon strap, giving flexibility while bending on the knees.
- There is an inner shell protector in the fly area to prevent the ingress of any debris, insect or substance.
- Two (2) internal pockets on the sides.
- Two (2) hip pockets with double flap where you can use buttons or fastener tape to close the pocket.
- Two (2) expandable cargo pockets that could be close with bar buttons to allow expansion pocket or fastener tapes. The flaps of these pockets can be closed with buttons or fastener tapes. Inside the pocket is located a hook cover to block the action of the fastener tape if desired to closed the pocket using the buttons.
- Two (2) expandable lower leg with fastener tape for closing.
- Both pockets, Lower and Cargo pockets have eyelets at the bottom to drain in case the user is immersed in a body of water.
- Each knee and buttock has fabric patches for durability of the uniform.
- The leg hem has nylon straps to fit the leg opening to the boot and prevent the entry of insects and particles in period tactical operations or combat.